- NFIB to Silver: You Want Better Schools, Reform Scaffold.
- NFIB Legal Center Submits Hard-Ball Questions to IRS Over Affordable Care Act Regulations
- NFIB Legal Center Dissents in Sarbanes-Oxley Case
- ‘Circuit breaker’ won’t fix New York’s property tax problem
- Should Antitrust Laws Apply to State and Local Governments Engaged in Anticompetitive Market Conduct?
Tag Archives: Farms
From today’s Albany Times Union… New York’s family farms are anxiously awaiting resolution on an issue that is threatening their livelihood and a significant piece of the state’s economy. This past June, the Legislature rightfully and unanimously passed legislation that … Continue reading
Let’s look at the current deck of cards Albany has laid at the feet of small business owners.. A bill that would impose factory style mandates on our family farms. Of course the AFL-CIO is leading this push. A bill … Continue reading
Yesterday, the State Assembly passed the “Farm Worker Fair Labor Practices Act” (A.1792a). Without getting into the weeds to much on this legislation, it basically would impose factory style labor mandates on family farms. Those very farms that have faced … Continue reading
A few bits of news about various types of donations and contributions today… The NY AG is looking into tax-exempt groups’ contributions, with a focus on those that are politically based. With quite a few retirements from Congress this year, … Continue reading
Over the weekend there was some news in the North Country as it was revealed that NY is buying 69,000 acres of land in the Adirondack Park for $49.8 million. The plan calls for a five-year phase to pay for … Continue reading