- NFIB Legal Center’s Winning Streak Continues with Three Victories in Two Days!
- Employee Misclassification: Guilty Until Proven Innocent
- House Passes Measure to Stop Fracking Red Tape
- New HIPAA Rule May Extend to Your Business
- A Matter of Grave Concern: NFIB Legal Speaks-Up for the Right to Raise a Constitutional Defense
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Late last week I, along with two partners – the Business Council of NYS and Unshackle Upstate, sent a letter urging Comptroller DiNapoli to stand down on his persistent opposition to enacting significant pension reform in New York. Without enacting … Continue reading
While the legislature was on recess for the week, there were not a lack of developments here in Albany! The bulk of the conversation centered on Governor Cuomo’s Tier VI proposal, as it should. What started on Tuesday with Let … Continue reading
Back in January, the Tax Foundation ranked New York 49th in business tax climate, a dubious distinction that has ties to the significant costs of unfunded state mandates that flow from municipalities and school districts and ultimately land in taxpayer’s … Continue reading
Today’s New York Post editorial page reiterates many of the key points I made yesterday regarding a minimum wage hike! Are legislators listening?
The renewed commitment by lawmakers in 2011 to finally change the state’s economic trajectory is being threatened! While Governor Cuomo started 2012 off still highlighting the need to create jobs and help businesses, Speaker Silver is not. Raising the minimum wage in … Continue reading